Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Sunday July 18, 2004

    From the outside, things don't look much different but the inside is starting to take shape.  I began working on the two forward 'staterooms' this week.  On the port side are two bunk beds and on the starboard is a berth for Kelly and I.  I used three quarter inch plywood for the part of the berth one lies on and some left over five-eighths for the walls.  I built some cabinets above and a locker at the end of the berth.  More of the deck is in place, enough to be able to do the interior along the starboard side through the galley.  I have been able to use a lot of scrap wood to frame out the interior so it has not been expensive, just labor-intensive.  That is good for now because funds are less abundant